- 1/1/1900Date of Inception:
- 129 Industrial DriveAddress:
- Address #2:
- 78006Zip / Postal Code:
- 210.737.6600Phone #:
- Fax #:
- 381Profile views:
- Company Name: Tootie Pie Company, Inc.
- About Company: Today the Tootie Pie Company is headquartered and operates out of Boerne, Texas. The Company bakes and sells magnificent, handmade pies through three basic sales channels: retail, corporate and wholesale. The retail segment serves individual consumers through in-store sales, orders via telephone and Internet on the Company’s website. The corporate segment serves businesses that purchase pies as a way to promote their company through client and employee appreciation programs. The wholesale segment is made up of regional and national broad-line foodservice distributors who purchase pies and then resell them to their customers.
- Company Background: The Tootie Pie Story, as it exists today, began in 2004 when Don Merrill, our President & CEO, read an article about Ruby Lorraine “Tootie” Feagan in the newspaper. The article told of Tootie’s many awards and how she had been featured in numerous publications; singing the praises of her wonderful pies. The article also said that Tootie wanted to sell her little Medina, Texas bakery and retire. Seeing an opportunity, Mr. Merrill contacted Tootie and arranged a meeting, where he tasted for the first time, Tootie’s famous six pound “Original Apple” Pie. From that meeting, the foundation of the Tootie Pie Company was formed.
Tootie Pie Company, Inc. was incorporated on June 16, 2005. In September 2005, the Company purchased all of Tootie’s pie recipes, customer lists, the right to the “Tootie Pie” name, and the related baking equipment, and building located in Medina, TX. Tootie became an employee and shareholder of the newly formed company but has since retired and hung up her apron to see her dream come to life. Tootie is still a shareholder and major force in the Tootie Pie Company today.
Because of her past experience working with her mother, Bobbie Keese, Tootie’s daughter, became our VP of Baking Operations and is responsible for running our baking operations and ensuring that our pies meet the same high quality standards set by Tootie.